November 27 – Thanksgiving, A National Holiday in the USA!
Posted by exodians on November 27, 2008
Thanksgiving Day is a yearly event in the U.S.
Thanksgiving is also one of the ten possible questions an Immigration Agent would ask to test your knowledge in American History and Politics.
Possible question would be, “Why Americans celebrate Thanksgiving Day?”. Write your answer: ___________.
Guideline to answer the question on “Why Americans Celebrate Thanksgiving Day?”
- Search for the most popular answer
- Respond verbatim what the answer sheet says
Think of celebration!
Think of religious freedom!
You will be fine!
- Please don’t answer to Immigration Officer based on the article “First Genocide, Then Lie About It Why I Hate Thanksgiving” by MITCHEL COHEN. Read the article at http://www.counterpunch.org/cohen11272003.html and you decide why?
- Please don’t ever promise not to DEFEND the United States of America against its enemies domestically and internationally. It is the United States Citizens’ obligation to bear arms unless otherwise you don’t want to become an American Citizen.
Recommended websites: Go and visit
- http://www.voteutah.org/learning/citizenship/rights.html or
More actions to take at your own risk:
After you answered the question, and profiled the immigration officer, please don’t hesitate to ask a Pre-Kindergartner’s question such as…
- “What is the sound of Thanksgiving Day officer?”
- “Who has the power in this great USA to pardon a turkey?”
Practice Writing about Thanksgiving day:
See sample below.
Thanksgiving Day is the most popular holiday here in America. You will not miss it because it comes with a big bang! The local media as well as the international media will always cover the stories such as its history, the background, and some related thanksgiving day stories and event listings.
Think of MACY’S THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE! This is one of the NEW YORK’S BEST COMMUNITY EVENT! where unpopular politicians could be booed! and popular personalities are being cheered. Thanksgiving is a National Fiesta Celebration. According to our source, Thanksgiving day is one of the most busiest Holidays of the year in terms of travel as if this is the only time where family and friends get together.
Advise: Don’t drink and drive ever in this country – with or without the Holidays. Always expect Police Checkpoints all around the city. The goal of these checkpoints, mostly set up around 10:00 P.M. till sunrise, is to make sure that drunk drivers will be prosecuted.
For most U.S public schools and Adult Basic Education students are usually required to write about Thanksgiving.
Important keywords are: Europeans, Pilgrims, Mayflower, Religious persecution, Native American Indians, Pocahontas, Officer Smith, festivities, sharing, celebration, and culture.
WARNING: PLEASE Don’t read First Genocide, Then Lie About It: Why I Hate Thanksgiving – by MITCHEL COHEN ARTICLE, if you don’t have at least 15 years of immersion and participation of the US November 27- A Yearly Thanksgiving Celebration. In other words, make sure you are a “Sell Out” before reading the Article.